Your kitchen will smell like a bakery when you make these tender treasures.
Yield: about 5 1/2 dozen
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Beat shortening and 1 1/2 cups sugar at medium speed of an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and flavorings, beating until blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to shortening mixture, beating well. Cover and chill dough.
- Shape dough into 1" balls. Roll balls in 1/4 cup sugar. Place balls on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 9 minutes or until barely golden. Let cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note