Amber loves this recipe and refuses to make any other cookie and frosting combination. The trick is in browning the butter:)
Sugar Cookies With Frosting
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) butter
- 1 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) Vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) Cream of Tartar
- Best Frosting Ever
- 1/3 cup(s) butter
- 3 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoon(s) milk Or more if needed
- Cover cookie mixture and chill in fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 Deg. F.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-8 min. or until lightly brown.
- -- Frosting --
- Melt butter in a frying pan on medium until butter starts to boil. Stir constantly to prevent burning. As soon as it turns golden brown (it is obvious) remove from heat and pour into a separate bowl at room temp. Mix in remaining frosting ingredients. Add milk until it is the desired consistency. Milk may need to be added as it drys out.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ZacAndAmber and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sugar Cookies With Frosting Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies