Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 stick(s) Butter
- 1/4 cup(s) Shortening
- 1 cup(s) Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) Vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- Mix thoroughly shortening, butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Blend in flour, baking powder and salt. Wrap in wax paper and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 400. Roll dough 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured board. Cut into desired shapes. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- This is just my own icing. Mix powdered sugar with water to icing consistency. Add a little vanilla. Ice cookies about 6 at a times and top with sprinkles. Let stand ideally over night.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Bellsbkpg and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sugar cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies