Sugar Cookies are the ultimate cookies because you can leave them plain for snacking or dress them up with frosting, chocolate, or sprinkles for a special occasion.
Attachments: Bowl and flat beater
- 1 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. Place margarine and vanilla in KitchenAid® Stand Mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to the KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Turn to Speed 6 and beat about 2 minutes, or until mixture is smooth.
2. Gradually add 3⁄4 cup sugar and beat about 11⁄2 minutes longer. Add eggs and beat about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl.
3. Turn to STIR Speed. Gradually add cream of tartar, baking soda, nutmeg, salt and flour to sugar mixture. Mix until well blended, about 1 minute.
4. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets, about 3 inches apart. Bake at 400°F for 6 to 8 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining sugar while still hot. Remove from baking sheets immediately and cool on wire racks.
To purchase the KitchenAid® products used in this recipe, please visit www.shopkitchenaid.com
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note