Very easy to work with the dough. I added some Andes Peppermint chips to make Peppermint Teacakes and dusted with powdered sugar. Delicious! Plain are great with coffee and Peppermint are terrific with hot chocolate!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 5 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; add powdered and granulated sugars, beating well. Add eggs, oil, vanilla, and lemon juice, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to sugar mixture, beating until blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in colored sugar, and place about 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake, in batches, at 350° for 9 to 11 minutes or until set. (Do not brown.) Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Chocolate Kiss Cookies: Omit colored sugar. After baking, immediately place one unwrapped milk chocolate kiss in center of each cookie, and cool.
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies: Omit colored sugar. After baking, immediately place an unwrapped miniature peanut butter cup in the center of each cookie, and cool.
- Lemon Cookies: Omit vanilla and colored sugar. Increase lemon juice to 1/4 cup, and add 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind to dough. Proceed as directed.
- Lemon Thumbprint Cookies: Prepare Lemon Cookies, and press thumb in center of each cookie to make an indentation. Bake and cool as directed. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon raspberry jam in each indentation.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies