These are easy and were the hit of the party.
Sugar Cookie Cutouts
We think 1/8 inch is the perfect thickness for a crisp, buttery cookie, but this dough can be rolled to 1/4 inch thick if you prefer a soft texture.
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Parchment paper
- Desired Holiday Glaze:
- Eggnog Glaze
- Chicory Coffee Glaze
- Key Lime Glaze
- Mulled Wine Glaze
- 1. Stir together first 3 ingredients.
- 2. Beat sugar and next 2 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 to 3 minutes or until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture, beating just until blended.
- 3. Divide dough into 4 equal portions; flatten each into a 1/2-inch-thick disk. Wrap each in plastic wrap; chill 30 minutes.
- 4. Working with 1 disk at a time, place on a lightly floured surface; roll to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with a 3-inch round cutter. Place 1 inch apart on 2 parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Chill 30 minutes.
- 5. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown, switching baking sheets halfway through. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes; transfer to wire racks, and cool completely. Glaze as desired.
Total time does not include glazes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note