- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup Sugar Babies candy
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
How to Make It
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic to pan and cook, stirring often, until onions are slightly browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in squash, stock, Sugar Babies, and salt; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
Working in batches, puree soup in a food processor until smooth. Return soup to Dutch oven and stir in cream; cook over medium-low heat until just warmed through. Divide soup evenly among 6 serving bowls. Top servings evenly with sour cream, thyme, and paprika.