Great treat for holiday gifts! This was an easy recipe; each step took longer than the recipe stated, but the results are tasty. It took at least 15 minutes for the sugar to crystallize on the peanuts, and I roasted the peanuts about 35-40 minutes. I also made my own mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice instead of buying pumpkin pie spice.
Yield: Makes 4 cups
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups shelled raw peanuts
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Cook sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Stir in peanuts, and cook 10 minutes or until sugar starts to crystallize on peanuts. Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice evenly over peanuts, stirring to coat. Spread nuts in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 300° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheet. Store in an airtight container.
- Lisa U. Smith, Richmond, Virginia
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers