This recipe is awesome!! It was very easy to make and very tasty!!My family loved them! I gave them as a holiday gift. I will definitely make this recipe again and again!
Use 1 pound of your favorite combination of raw nuts to make this addictive snack.
Yield: Makes about 5 cups
More From Southern Living
Bake: 55 Minutes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Spice Blend
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound pecan halves*
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg white and 1 tablespoon water in a medium bowl using a handheld egg beater or a wire whisk until foamy. (No liquid should remain.) Add pecans, stirring until evenly coated.
- Add pecans to sugar mixture, stirring until evenly coated. Place pecans in a single layer on a buttered 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 275° for 50 to 55 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread immediately in a single layer on wax paper; cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- *Whole almonds or walnut halves may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers