Succotash Salad with Buttermilk Avocado Dressing
Prep 25; Cook 20
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 ear(s) fresh sweet corn
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh or frozen lima beans
- 3/4 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1/2 avocado, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh snipped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) green onions chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground pepper
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 head(s) butterhead/Boston lettuce
- 2 cup(s) sliced, grilled chicken breast
- 6 slice(s) bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup(s) finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled feta or blue cheese
- 1. Cut corn kernels from cobs; set kernels aside. Discard cobs. In a small saucepan bring 1 cup of lightly salted water to boiling. Add lima beans and simmer about 15 minutes or until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add corn to saucepan. Simmer about 3 minutes or until tender; drain. Set aside.
- 2. For dressing, in a blender combine buttermilk, avocado, parsley, salt, onion powder, dry mustard, pepper, and garlic. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour into a small pitcher.
- 3. Line a large platter or four serving plates with the lettuce. Arrange chicken, crumbled bacon, corn, lima beans, onion, and cheese in rows on lettuce. Serve with dressing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Succotash Salad with Buttermilk Avocado Dressing Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes