Succotash Rice Toss
More From Southern Living
- 2 cups frozen baby lima beans
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn kernels
- 1 (3.5-ounce) bag white rice
- 4 bacon slices
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 3/4 cup jarred, drained roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook lima beans in boiling water to cover in a medium saucepan 9 minutes. Add corn, and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until beans are tender; drain and set aside.
- Cook rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven until crisp; remove bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in Dutch oven. Crumble bacon.
- Sauté chopped onions in hot drippings over medium-high heat 7 to 8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in bean mixture, rice, roasted red peppers, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until thoroughly heated. Top evenly with bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables