- 2 cups frozen baby lima beans
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn kernels
- 1 (3.5-ounce) bag white rice
- 4 bacon slices
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 3/4 cup jarred, drained roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
Cook lima beans in boiling water to cover in a medium saucepan 9 minutes. Add corn, and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until beans are tender; drain and set aside.
Cook rice according to package directions; set aside.
Cook bacon in a Dutch oven until crisp; remove bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in Dutch oven. Crumble bacon.
Sauté chopped onions in hot drippings over medium-high heat 7 to 8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in bean mixture, rice, roasted red peppers, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until thoroughly heated. Top evenly with bacon.