- 5 bacon slices, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 3 1/2 cups frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
How to Make It
Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
Sauté green onions in hot drippings 2 minutes. Stir in corn, lima beans, and broth. Cook, uncovered, 15 minutes or until beans are just tender and most of broth evaporates, stirring often. Stir in bacon, tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.