Easy and delicious recipe that my picky kids love to eat!
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen petite lima beans
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen white shoepeg corn
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Garnish: cooked and crumbled bacon
- Cook lima beans according to package directions; drain.
- Pulse corn in a food processor 8 to 10 times or until coarsely chopped.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute; stir in sugar, salt, and seasoned pepper. Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in corn, and cook, stirring often, 12 to 15 minutes or until corn is tender and mixture is thickened. Stir in drained lima beans. Garnish, if desired, and serve immediately.
- Creamed Corn: Prepare recipe as directed, omitting lima beans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note