Suadero Tacos with Serrano-Cilantro Salsa
This delicious flank steak recipe for Suadero Tacos with Serrano-Cilantro Salsa is inspired by street tacos found on food trucks.
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 (2-lb.) flank steak, diagonally cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 12 (6-inch) fajita-size corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Serrano-Cilantro Salsa
- Lime wedges
- 1. Whisk together first 5 ingredients and 4 Tbsp. oil; drizzle lemon juice mixture over steak in a large shallow dish or zip-top plastic freezer bag. Cover or seal, and chill 1 to 12 hours. Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade. Pat steak dry.
- 2. Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 8 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Transfer steak to a cutting board, and let stand 10 minutes. Chop steak.
- 3. Spoon steak into warm tortillas; top with chopped onion and cilantro. Serve with Serrano-Cilantro Salsa and lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note