Follow basic recipe and then make the following additions according to taste starting with the apricot. Or cook 2 gala apples (cored and cut into 1/2 inch pieces) with the onions and celery in step 3, to the bread mixture add 1 cup dried cranberries, 1 cup chopped toasted pecan halves and 1 tbl thyme leaves.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 tablespoon(s) unsaled butter plus more for baking dish and foil
- 1 large loaf Italian bread cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 med onions chopped
- 4 stalk(s) celery thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 large eggs beaten
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cup(s) dried apricots quartered
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 9 X 13 baking dish. Divide the bread between 2 rimmed baking sheets and bake until dry and crisp, 10-12 mins.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over med heat. Add the onions, celery, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cook stirring occasionally, until very tender and beginning to brown, 10-12 mins. Add the wine and cook until evaporated, 2-4 mins, transfer to a large bowl and let cool for 10 mins.
- 3. Add the bread, broth, eggs, and 1/2 tsp salt to the vegetables and toss to combine. Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Cover with buttered foil and bake for 20 mins. Uncover and bake until browned, 20-30 mins more.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LMStone61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Stuffing Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables