- 6 medium zucchini (about 3 pounds)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups diced peeled baking potato
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 serrano chile, minced
- 2 tablespoons chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- calories 145
- caloriesfromfat 22 %
- fat 3.5 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- monofat 0.8 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 5.7 g
- carbohydrate 24.9 g
- fiber 6 g
- cholesterol 3 mg
- iron 1.7 mg
- sodium 552 mg
- calcium 55 mg
How to Make It
Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Place zucchini halves, cut sides up, in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Preheat oven to 375°.
Cook potato in boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
Heat butter and oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until butter melts. Add onion, ginger, garlic, and chile, and sauté 3 minutes. Stir in flour and next 4 ingredients (flour through cumin). Cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in 3/4 teaspoon salt, potato, peas, and cilantro.
Pat zucchini dry with paper towels; spoon about 1/3 cup potato mixture into each zucchini half. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender.