Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) Water
- 1/2 cup(s) Bulger Wheat
- 2 Large Zuchhini halved lengthwise
- 3 teaspoon(s) Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Red Onion finely chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic crushed with press
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 pound(s) Ground Turkey
- 1 teaspoon(s) Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon(s) Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup(s) Fresh Mint Leaves Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 deg.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine water and bulgur. Microwave, uncovered, on high 5-7 minutes or until bulgur is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Using a small spoon scoop out the zucchini flesh, leaving a 1/4-to1/2-inch thick shell. Wrap the zucchini flesh in a paper towel and squeeze out the excess liquid; discard the liquid and set aside the flesh. Place the zucchini shells cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of oil on medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and zucchini flesh and cook 3 minutes or until onion is softened, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and red pepper and cook 1 minute longer until fragrant.
- Add turkey and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring and breaking up into little pieces. Stir in coriander, cumin, cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Remove from heat. Stir in bulgur and half of mint.
- Arrange oven rack 6 inches from broiler heat source. Preheat broiler.
- On prepared baking sheet arrange zucchini halves, cut sides up. Mound 3/4 cup of turkey filling in each zucchini half, packing tightly.
- Broil zucchini for about 4 minutes. Place on platter and sprinkle with remaining mint.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Bianca916 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note