This was pretty good, but I had to leave out the pine nuts. I think less basil would have made it better. I also don't like that the recipe called for "3 medium zucchini." "Medium" is relative, so weights would have been better. Only 5 pts!
Stuffed Zucchini with Cheesy Breadcrumbs
These stuffed zucchini are sure to be a favorite at any gathering. Overflowing with artichoke hearts, parmesan cheese, and pine nuts these are hearty enough to be served as vegetarian main dish.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- Calories: 177
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 6.9g
- Carbohydrate: 13.6g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 343mg
- Calcium: 107mg
- 3 (1.3-ounce) slices day-old whole-wheat bread
- 3 medium zucchini
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Place bread in a food processor; pulse until fine crumbs form. Set aside.
- 3. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Chop pulp. Place zucchini halves, cut sides up, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 4. Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini pulp and onion; sauté 5 minutes. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, artichoke hearts, thyme, and garlic; cook 45 seconds. Add wine; cook 1 minute or until most of liquid evaporates. Combine breadcrumbs and onion mixture in a large bowl; stir in cheese and remaining ingredients. Spoon 1/2 cup breadcrumb mixture into each zucchini shell. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until just tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine