Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 zucchinis, 8- to 10-inches long, split lengthwise with ends left on
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 6 slice(s) chopped crisp bacon
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 small chopped tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) thyme
- Cracked black pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Slice zucchini lengthwise, scoop out center leaving a ridge.
- 2. Cook onions in the butter, add cooked bacon and curry powder. (Don't be tempted to cook the onions in the bacon grease.) Mix with zucchini flesh and sour cream or yogurt; stir in the chopped tomato. Add thyme.
- 3. Fill zucchini shells. Cover with parmesan cheese and pepper.
- 4. Bake uncovered 30 to 45 minutes until zucchini is tender. (Baking time will depend on how big the zucchini are.) If desired, switch to broiler for the final few minutes of cooking to brown the tops.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note