We've made this recipe several times as an easy weeknight side dish. It's tasty, easy and seems pretty healthy. My apologies to the sponsoring company, but we use real butter, and much less than it calls for. It doesn't need the butter at all, the veggies are very tasty.
More From I Can't Believe Its Not Butter!®
- 5 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375° . Scoop out pulp from 8 zucchini halves; set aside. Arrange zucchini halves on baking sheet.
Meanwhile, coarsely chop remaining zucchini and pulp. Melt I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chopped zucchini and onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Add red pepper, garlic and oregano. Cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Let stand to cool slightly.
Evenly spoon vegetable mixture into zucchini halves. Top with cheese. Bake 30 minutes or until zucchini are tender.
Also terrific with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Mediterranean Blend spread.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories 150, Calories From Fat 80, Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g, Total Fat 9g, Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g, Sugars 6g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Protein 7g, Vitamin A 30%, Vitamin C 120%, Calcium 15%, Iron 6%
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine