- 3 (1.3-ounce) slices day-old whole-wheat bread
- 3 medium zucchini
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- calories 177
- fat 12 g
- satfat 2.8 g
- monofat 5 g
- polyfat 2.3 g
- protein 6.9 g
- carbohydrate 13.6 g
- fiber 3.8 g
- cholesterol 9 mg
- iron 1.6 mg
- sodium 343 mg
- calcium 107 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place bread in a food processor; pulse until fine crumbs form. Set aside.
Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Chop pulp. Place zucchini halves, cut sides up, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini pulp and onion; sauté 5 minutes. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, artichoke hearts, thyme, and garlic; cook 45 seconds. Add wine; cook 1 minute or until most of liquid evaporates. Combine breadcrumbs and onion mixture in a large bowl; stir in cheese and remaining ingredients. Spoon 1/2 cup breadcrumb mixture into each zucchini shell. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until just tender.