- 1 pound (1/4-inch-thick) veal scaloppine
- 1 (1.3-ounce) slice whole-grain bread (such as Pepperidge Farm)
- 1/3 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- calories 253
- caloriesfromfat 54 %
- fat 15.1 g
- satfat 5.9 g
- protein 22.7 g
- carbohydrate 6.1 g
- fiber 0.8 g
- cholesterol 82 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 491 mg
- calcium 135 mg
How to Make It
Cut larger pieces of veal in half to form 8 pieces, if needed.
Process bread in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Set aside 1/4 cup breadcrumbs. Reserve remaining breadcrumbs for another use.
Combine 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and next 4 ingredients in a bowl. Spread breadcrumb mixture evenly over 1 side of veal pieces. Roll up each veal piece, jelly-roll fashion, starting with short side. Secure each in center with a wooden pick; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Coat veal rolls with cooking spray.
Place veal rolls on grill rack; grill 7 minutes or until done, turning once. Serve immediately.