Stuffed Tuscany Tenderloin
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
More From Southern Living
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons drained and chopped dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 (4-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprigs
- Sauté onion in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat until tender. Add spinach, salt, and pepper, and sauté 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat, and stir in cheese and dried tomatoes.
- Cut tenderloin lengthwise down center, cutting to, but not through, bottom. Lay flat, and spoon spinach mixture down center of tenderloin. Fold tenderloin over mixture, and tie with string at 1-inch intervals. (Tenderloin won't completely close.) Chill 2 hours, if desired. Place, cut side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Cover exposed filling with a strip of aluminum foil.
- Bake at 425° for 50 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of tenderloin registers 145° (medium-rare). Let stand 10 minutes before slicing; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes