This is a great low-carb dish to serve when you're entertaining.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: about 3 ounces)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 171
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 20.6g
- Carbohydrate: 1.3g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 92mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- 1 (3-pound) beef tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons light butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon light butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- 1. Prepare grill by piling charcoal on one side of grill, leaving other side empty. (For gas grills, light only 1 side.)
- 2. Slice tenderloin lengthwise to, but not through, the center, leaving 1 long side connected; set aside.
- 3. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and next 3 ingredients; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring often. Spoon mixture into opening of tenderloin, leaving a 1/2-inch border on all sides. Sprinkle cheese over mushroom mixture. Close tenderloin, and tie securely with heavy string at 2-inch intervals. Brush with melted butter.
- 4. Place tenderloin on unlit side of grill rack coated with cooking spray; cover and grill 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 145° (medium-rare) to 160° (medium). Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- carbo rating: 1
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note