Use the pumpkin pie spice blend for a quick and cost-effective way to enjoy the flavors of cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, allspice, and nutmeg.
Southern Living DECEMBER 2006
1. Pierce sweet potatoes several times with a fork. Place on an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan.
2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until tender; cool 5 minutes.
3. Cut a 1 1/2-inch-wide strip from top of each baked potato. Carefully scoop out pulp into a medium bowl, leaving shells intact.
4. Mash together pulp, brown sugar, and next 5 ingredients. Spoon mixture evenly into shells. Place shells on jelly-roll pan.
5. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top potatoes evenly with 2 Tbsp. chopped toasted pecans, if desired.
Note: Nutritional analysis does not include pecans.
Go to full version of