Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Use the pumpkin pie spice blend for a quick and cost-effective way to enjoy the flavors of cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, allspice, and nutmeg.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
Cool: 5 Minutes
- Calories: 217
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Fat: 2.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 71mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 4 small sweet potatoes (about 8 oz. each)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans (optional)
- 1. Pierce sweet potatoes several times with a fork. Place on an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until tender; cool 5 minutes.
- 3. Cut a 1 1/2-inch-wide strip from top of each baked potato. Carefully scoop out pulp into a medium bowl, leaving shells intact.
- 4. Mash together pulp, brown sugar, and next 5 ingredients. Spoon mixture evenly into shells. Place shells on jelly-roll pan.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top potatoes evenly with 2 Tbsp. chopped toasted pecans, if desired.
- Note: Nutritional analysis does not include pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note