Stuffed Sweet Dumpling Squash
- 10 small (about 12 ounces each), sweet dumpling squash or acorn squash
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- Zest of 2 oranges, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Orange Ginger Sweet Potato Puree
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 pint fresh kumquats
- 10 fresh sage, leaves
- 1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Remove and discard top third of each squash, as well as the pulp and seeds.
- 2. Coat inside of each squash with 1 tablespoon brown sugar; sprinkle with orange zest and ginger. Bake on a parchment-lined baking pan until tender, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Fill each squash with about 1/2 cup puree. Bake until puree is heated through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4. Melt butter and granulated sugar in a skillet over medium heat. Stir until sugar has begun to caramelize. Add kumquats; cook until glazed, 3 to 4 minutes. Add sage leaves; toss to coat in glaze. Garnish squash with kumquats and sage.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BigSteve and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note