Stuffed Sweet-and-Spicy Jalapeño Poppers
More From Southern Living
Bake: 10 Minutes
Cool: 10 Minutes
Fry: 2 Minutes
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (11.5-oz.) jar whole jalapeño peppers, drained
- 1/2 (8-oz.) container soft pineapple cream cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Canola oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring once after 5 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes.
- 2. Process pecans, baking mix, salt, and pepper in a food processor 8 to 10 seconds or until pecans are finely ground. Place pecan mixture in a large bowl.
- 3. Rinse peppers under cold running water; cut in half lengthwise. Remove and discard seeds and membranes. Pat peppers dry with paper towels.
- 4. Spoon 1 tsp. pineapple cream cheese mixture into each pepper half. Dip in egg; dredge in pecan mixture.
- 5. Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 350°. Fry peppers, in batches, 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain peppers on a wire rack over paper towels; serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Bisquick All-Purpose Baking Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note