Amazing. Even my veggie hating husband loved it!
Stuffed Summer Squash
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned croutons
- 4 to 5 saltine crackers, crumbled
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 8 to 10 yellow squash, halved and seeded
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion; sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until tender.
- Combine cornbread, croutons, and crackers in a large bowl; stir in onion mixture, broth, next 3 ingredients, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Microwave squash halves on HIGH 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle squash halves with remaining 1 teaspoon salt; place in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Spoon 1/4 cup stuffing in each squash half.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until stuffing is lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This