- 16 (1/2-ounce) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette
- Cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced shallots (about 1 small)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 16 large squash blossoms (about 3 cups)
- calories 148
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- fat 4.3 g
- satfat 2.7 g
- monofat 1.3 g
- polyfat 0.1 g
- protein 8.7 g
- carbohydrate 19.5 g
- fiber 0.6 g
- cholesterol 14 mg
- iron 1.2 mg
- sodium 411 mg
- calcium 172 mg
How to Make It
Prepare grill or grill pan.
Place bread on grill rack or grill pan coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from grill. Rub cut sides of garlic over one side of each bread slice. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Spoon ricotta onto several layers of heavy-duty paper towels; spread to 1/2-inch thickness. Cover with additional paper towels; let stand 15 minutes. Scrape into a bowl using a rubber spatula. Stir in Parmesan and next 4 ingredients (through pepper). Gently spoon about 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture into each blossom. Gently press edges of blossoms to seal in cheese.
Place stuffed blossoms in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top each bread slice with 1 squash blossom; serve immediately.