- 6 large yellow squash, halved and seeded*
- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 pound smoked ham, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1/4 cups fine, dry breadcrumbs, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Combine squash and water to cover in a Dutch oven; bring to boil, and cook for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool. Scoop out pulp, keeping shells intact; reserve pulp.
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired; chop shrimp.
- Melt butter in Dutch oven over medium heat; add ham and 1 onion, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in shrimp and squash pulp. Add green onions and next 4 ingredients; cook 20 to 30 minutes. Stir in 1 cup breadcrumbs. Spoon mixture into shells.
- Stir together remaining 1/4 cup breadcrumbs and paprika; sprinkle over shells. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
- *6 large mirlitons may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables