Stuffed Shrimp with Lemon-Pomegranate Glaze
Photography: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Jan Gautro
This sweet-tart appetizer goes best with a classic pilsner, such as Pilsner Urquell from the Czech Republic, Redhook ESB, or a Thai beer, such as Singha.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 2 shrimp and 2 teaspoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 145
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 18.4g
- Carbohydrate: 6.4g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 263mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 24 unpeeled jumbo shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- To prepare sauce, combine first 7 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Remove 2 tablespoons sauce; set aside. Reserve remaining sauce for dipping.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- To prepare shrimp, peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact.
- Cook chopped onion in boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Place onion in a large bowl.
- Place chicken in a food processor; process until coarsely chopped. Add chicken, paprika, and next 11 ingredients (paprika through 2 garlic cloves) to onion; stir well.
- Place the shrimp in a single layer on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Arrange shrimp on their sides, so that each forms a "C" shape. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of chicken mixture into the center of each shrimp. Gently press the chicken mixture until it touches sides of shrimp.
- Brush shrimp with 2 tablespoons sauce. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until shrimp are done and stuffing is firm. Serve with remaining 1/2 cup sauce. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Stuffed Shrimp with Lemon-Pomegranate Glaze Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers