- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 24 unpeeled jumbo shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- calories 145
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 4.9 g
- satfat 0.8 g
- monofat 2.7 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 18.4 g
- carbohydrate 6.4 g
- fiber 0.6 g
- cholesterol 103 mg
- iron 2.2 mg
- sodium 263 mg
- calcium 52 mg
How to Make It
To prepare sauce, combine first 7 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Remove 2 tablespoons sauce; set aside. Reserve remaining sauce for dipping.
Preheat oven to 425°.
To prepare shrimp, peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact.
Cook chopped onion in boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Place onion in a large bowl.
Place chicken in a food processor; process until coarsely chopped. Add chicken, paprika, and next 11 ingredients (paprika through 2 garlic cloves) to onion; stir well.
Place the shrimp in a single layer on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Arrange shrimp on their sides, so that each forms a "C" shape. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of chicken mixture into the center of each shrimp. Gently press the chicken mixture until it touches sides of shrimp.
Brush shrimp with 2 tablespoons sauce. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until shrimp are done and stuffing is firm. Serve with remaining 1/2 cup sauce. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.