Prep: 25 min Cook: 17 min Bake at 350 for 40 min Nutrition Facts/Per Serving: cal.(kcal)552; Fat, total(g)27; chol.(mg)135; sat. fat(g)14; carb.(g)44; fiber(g)1; pro.(g)35; sodium(mg)982
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) broccoli rabe, tough stems
- 1 package(s) 12 oz jumbo pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) to 1 1/4 lbs spicy chicken sausage
- 2 package(s) 5.3 oz/ea Chavrie goat cheese with basil, roasted garlic
- 4 ounce(s) Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 2 whole(s) egg yolks
- 1 jar(s) 24 oz cabernet marinara sauce
- 1 bag(s) mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bring a large pot of salted water to boiling. Add broccoli rabe and return to a boil. Cook 1 minute, remove with a strainer and let cool. Add pasta to boiling water; cook 10 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Remove casings from sausage, crumble. Heat oil in a large skillet. Crumble in sausage and cook over medium-high heat until browned, 5 minutes. Meanwhile, squeeze as much water out of broccoli rabe as possible and chop. Add to sausage in skillet and cook 1 minute. Remove to a large bowl with a slotted spoon.
- 3. In a medium bowl, stir together goat cheese, Neufchatel and egg yolks. Fold into sausage mixture.
- 4. Spread 1/3 cup marinara into bottoms of two 9 x 9-inch or 11 x 7-inch dishes. Spoon about 1 tbsp filling into each shell; place in a dish. Repeat with all shells and filling.
- 5. Divide remaining sauce between dishes. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella over each dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20 minutes more.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DebbieHaguewood and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Stuffed Shells Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes