This is worthy of a special occasion... I made this as a side dish with pork chops and I thought they turned out great. Even my somewhat picky teenage daughter loved them â she is hoping Iâll make them again! I never have whipping cream or heavy cream in my fridge, but a substitution of milk worked out just fine.
Stuffed Red Peppers With Cheesy Polenta and Green Chiles
- 3 medium-size red bell peppers
- 3/4 cup polenta or yellow cornmeal
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 (7-ounce) can whole green chiles, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
- Cut bell peppers in half; remove and discard seeds and membranes. Place bell pepper cups in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together polenta and next 5 ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Cook, whisking constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until polenta thickens. Stir in cream and next 4 ingredients, blending well.
- Spoon mixture into pepper cups.
- Bake at 400°for 25 to 30 minutes or until peppers are tender. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers