Stuffed Red Peppers
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 147
- Fat: 5.0g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 20.0g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 431mg
- Calcium: 127mg
- 2 large red bell peppers (about 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon light stick butter
- 1 1/2 cups soft breadcrumbs (about 3 1/4 slices bread)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled tomato-basil feta cheese
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise. Remove and discard seeds and membranes.
- Cook pepper cups in boiling water to cover 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cook onion and garlic in butter in a skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender, stirring constantly.
- Combine onion mixture, breadcrumbs, and remaining 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Spoon 3/4 cup onion-breadcrumb mixture into each pepper cup. Place pepper cups in an 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Increase heat to broil. Broil 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables