- 2 large red bell peppers (about 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon light stick butter
- 1 1/2 cups soft breadcrumbs (about 3 1/4 slices bread)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled tomato-basil feta cheese
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- calories 147
- fat 5.0 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- protein 5.5 g
- carbohydrate 20.0 g
- fiber 2.1 g
- cholesterol 15 mg
- iron 1.1 mg
- sodium 431 mg
- calcium 127 mg
How to Make It
Cut peppers in half lengthwise. Remove and discard seeds and membranes.
Cook pepper cups in boiling water to cover 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Cook onion and garlic in butter in a skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender, stirring constantly.
Combine onion mixture, breadcrumbs, and remaining 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Spoon 3/4 cup onion-breadcrumb mixture into each pepper cup. Place pepper cups in an 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Increase heat to broil. Broil 3 minutes or until lightly browned.