This is so tasty, you almost forget it is actually fairly healthy. The entire family enjoyed this dish including the meat eaters.
Grilled Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 216
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 9.6g
- Carbohydrate: 25.3g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 300mg
- Calcium: 146mg
- 2 (4 1/2-inch) portobello mushroom caps
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup minced onion (1 small)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup bagged baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup Italian-seasoned panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Prepare grill.
- 2. Remove brown gills from undersides of mushrooms using a spoon; discard gills. Set mushroom caps aside.
- 3. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add oregano and spinach; saut 1 minute or until spinach wilts.
- 4. Transfer spinach mixture to a medium bowl; stir in remaining 1 teaspoon oil, cheese, panko, vinegar, and pepper. Divide filling evenly among mushrooms, spooning onto gill sides.
- 5. Grill 7 minutes.
- Serve with: Grilled Tomato Salad
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes