- 5 large portobello mushroom caps (about 1 pound)
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup rinsed and drained canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) package crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 large tomato, cut into 5 slices
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- calories 297
- fat 9.8 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- protein 14.1 g
- carbohydrate 40.3 g
- cholesterol 7 mg
- iron 2.8 mg
- sodium 976 mg
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fiber 6.3 g
- calcium 116 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 500°.
. Lightly coat both sides of mushroom caps with cooking spray; place mushrooms, gills down, on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake at 500° for 6 minutes; turn caps over, and bake an additional 4 minutes.
. Preheat broiler.
. Bring broth to a boil in a small saucepan; stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; set aside
. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high. Add spinach, 1/4 teaspoon oregano, salt, and pepper; sauté 3 minutes or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 2 minutes. Stir in cooked couscous, chickpeas, and feta cheese. Spoon about 1/2 cup mixture into each mushroom cap, pressing gently; top each mushroom with a tomato slice. Broil 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon oregano, and breadcrumbs, and toss well. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly over tomato slices. Broil 1 minute.