Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 262
- Fat: 12.1g
- Saturated fat: 6.5g
- Protein: 11.4g
- Carbohydrate: 20.3g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 593mg
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Calcium: 231mg
- 2 (1 1/2-ounce) slices sourdough bread
- 4 (6-ounce) Portobello mushrooms (about 5 inches wide)
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried fines herbs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 cup. Set aside.
- Remove stems from mushrooms; chop enough stems to measure 1/4 cup; set aside. Discard remaining stems.
- Remove brown gills from the undersides of mushrooms, using a spoon; discard gills. Coat both sides of mushroom caps with cooking spray. Place mushroom caps, gill sides up, on a baking sheet; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, reserved chopped mushroom stems, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in breadcrumbs and fines herbs; cook 2 minutes or until breadcrumbs are toasted. Spoon mushroom mixture evenly into mushroom caps; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until mushroom caps are tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers