- 2 (1 1/2-ounce) slices sourdough bread
- 4 (6-ounce) Portobello mushrooms (about 5 inches wide)
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried fines herbs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- calories 262
- fat 12.1 g
- satfat 6.5 g
- protein 11.4 g
- carbohydrate 20.3 g
- cholesterol 25 mg
- iron 0.8 mg
- sodium 593 mg
- caloriesfromfat 46 %
- fiber 3.4 g
- calcium 231 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 cup. Set aside.
Remove stems from mushrooms; chop enough stems to measure 1/4 cup; set aside. Discard remaining stems.
Remove brown gills from the undersides of mushrooms, using a spoon; discard gills. Coat both sides of mushroom caps with cooking spray. Place mushroom caps, gill sides up, on a baking sheet; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, reserved chopped mushroom stems, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in breadcrumbs and fines herbs; cook 2 minutes or until breadcrumbs are toasted. Spoon mushroom mixture evenly into mushroom caps; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until mushroom caps are tender.