- 2 (4 1/2-inch) portobello mushroom caps
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup minced onion (1 small)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup bagged baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup Italian-seasoned panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- calories 216
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 8.6 g
- satfat 2.7 g
- monofat 4.1 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 9.6 g
- carbohydrate 25.3 g
- fiber 3.2 g
- cholesterol 9 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 300 mg
- calcium 146 mg
How to Make It
Remove brown gills from undersides of mushrooms using a spoon; discard gills. Set mushroom caps aside.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add oregano and spinach; saut 1 minute or until spinach wilts.
Transfer spinach mixture to a medium bowl; stir in remaining 1 teaspoon oil, cheese, panko, vinegar, and pepper. Divide filling evenly among mushrooms, spooning onto gill sides.
Grill 7 minutes.
Serve with: Grilled Tomato Salad