Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 2 stuffed peppers plus salsa).
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 335
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 17.2g
- Carbohydrate: 56.8g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 548mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 10 large poblano peppers
- 1 (7 1/2-ounce) package pinto beans and rice mix
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) jar no-salt-added mild salsa
- Cut a lengthwise strip from each pepper. Chop enough of pepper strips to measure 1/2 cup; reserve remaining strips for another use. Remove and discard seeds from peppers. Cook peppers in boiling water to cover 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Cook bean mix according to package directions, omitting fat and seasoning packet. Combine chopped pepper, bean mix, corn, and next 3 ingredients. Spoon evenly into peppers; place peppers in a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish. Add hot water to dish to a depth of 1/4 inch. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add salsa. Process until smooth. Spoon salsa onto plates; top with peppers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes