- 10 large poblano peppers
- 1 (7 1/2-ounce) package pinto beans and rice mix
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) jar no-salt-added mild salsa
- calories 335
- caloriesfromfat 14 %
- fat 5.3 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 17.2 g
- carbohydrate 56.8 g
- fiber 6 g
- cholesterol 15 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 548 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Cut a lengthwise strip from each pepper. Chop enough of pepper strips to measure 1/2 cup; reserve remaining strips for another use. Remove and discard seeds from peppers. Cook peppers in boiling water to cover 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
Cook bean mix according to package directions, omitting fat and seasoning packet. Combine chopped pepper, bean mix, corn, and next 3 ingredients. Spoon evenly into peppers; place peppers in a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish. Add hot water to dish to a depth of 1/4 inch. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add salsa. Process until smooth. Spoon salsa onto plates; top with peppers.