Community Recipe from
- 1 can(s) 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 Starter Crust (671), slightly thawed
- 1 pound(s) Italian seasoned sausage
- 1 package(s) sliced mushrooms
- 1 package(s) (3.5 oz) sliced pepperoni
- 3 cup(s) mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 medium red pepper chopped
- 1/2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2. Combine tomatoes, brown sugar, spices and olive oil in a small saucepan. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes until tomatoes bread down and sauce is slightly thick.
- 3. Place crust into ungreased 10-inch spring form pan pushing crust up along sides.
- 4. Sauté sausage and mushrooms. Remove excess drippings with a paper towel.
- 5. Layer crust with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, sausage, mushrooms, pepperoni, peppers and remaining cheese.
- 6. Top with second crust and pinch edges to seal.
- 7. Cut several 1/2-inch slits on crust to vent.
- 8. Bake pizza for 30 minutes. Top with sauce and bake an additional 15-20 minutes.
- 9. Allow pizza to rest 15 minute before cutting.
- Tip: If pizza is getting too dark, cover edges with foil. Use a deep round cake pan or casserole dish if you do not have a spring form pan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CherylB61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Stuffed Pizza Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pizza
More Recipes for Main Dishes