Stuffed Peppers - Mexican
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 green peppers medium
- 1 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) celery chopped
- 3 cup(s) cooked rice
- 1 1/4 cup(s) salsa divided
- 1 tablespoon(s) green chilies chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) shredded reduced fat chedder cheese
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. Cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a skillet, brown ground beef, celery and onion until meat in no longer pink. Drain excess grease.
- Stir in rice, 1 cup of salsa, green chilies, chili powder and salt. spoon mixture into peppers.
- Place in baking dish. Add 1/4 cup water. Cover and bake at 350F for approximately 45 minutes or until heated through. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese and salsa. Bake until cheese is melted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Schurle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Stuffed Peppers - Mexican Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes