- 12 sweet mini peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil, divided
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Garnish: small fresh basil leaves
How to Make It
Preheat broiler. Broil peppers on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet 5 inches from heat, turning occasionally, 8 minutes or until peppers look blackened.
Place peppers in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Reduce oven temperature to 450°.
Peel peppers. Make a slit in one side of each pepper; sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
Stir together cheese, pecans, 2 Tbsp. basil, and 2 Tbsp. raisins in a small bowl. Spoon cheese mixture evenly into peppers, pressing gently to close slits.
Return peppers to baking sheet, and drizzle with oil. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Arrange peppers on a serving plate; sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp. basil and 2 Tbsp. raisins.