Community Recipe from
- 4 large green or red peppers
- 1 cup(s) hot water
- 2 tablespoon(s) beef bouillon divided
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 pound(s) ground pork
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup(s) cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup(s) salsa con queso (found in chip isle)
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup(s) diced, seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup(s) thinly sliced scallions, green parts only
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds and ribs.
- Mix hot water and 1 tablespoon of the bouillon. Pour mixture into a shallow casserole and place the peppers in dish cut side up, bake for 15 minutes. Discard water mixture when done.
- In a large skillet, sauté garlic and onion in olive oil over medium heat until onions become translucent. Add beef, pork, remaining bouillon, garlic powder and salt & pepper, cook until meat is browned breaking up into tiny pieces as you go along. Drain off fat. Add rice, salsa con queso, sour cream, tomatoes, scallions and soy sauce. Mix well and stuff peppers with mixture. Place peppers in casserole (lightly greased). Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes (30 minutes if you like your peppers on the softer side, I like the crunch). Remove foil, sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and bake for another 15 minutes uncovered.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Bianca916 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Stuffed Peppers Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes