Stuffed Pasta Shells with Tofu Mushroom Sauce
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 5 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 252
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Protein: 13.7g
- Carbohydrate: 30.8g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 853mg
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Calcium: 244mg
- 1 2 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package pre-sliced mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1/2 (12-ounce) package soft tofu, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add oil. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook 4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until slightly thick. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spoon 1/4 cup sauce into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Spoon sauce evenly into cooked shells. Arrange shells in baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes